To carry out international trips in the company of a guide dog, it is necessary to present specific documentation. Pay attention to the documentation:
- The dog must be equipped with a harness and handle for driving;
- Present the vaccination card: for any animal older than 3 months, rabies vaccine is required. The vaccine is valid for 1 year and must have been administered 30 days before the trip;
- Dog card identifying him as Guide Dog, with name and registration of the school;
- Animal identification plate;
- Also ensure the Health Certificate issued by the veterinarian. The Certificate is valid for 10 days from the date of issue.
- CVI or CZI - International Veterinary Certificate or International Zoo Health Certificate - Provided by Vigiagro, linked to the Ministry of Agriculture. The contact telephone number is (11) 2445-3683. Vigiagro also issues the Animal Passport, which replaces the CVI / CZI.
It is also important that this information is given at the time of purchase. When filling in personal data, select this option in the "Special Service" area of the form.
* Azul does not transport animals less than 4 months old.
If you have any questions, please contact our Call Center 4003-1118.
Travel to / from United States of America
Specifically for Service Dog trips to / from the US, on January 11, 2021, the new US Department of Transportation (DOT) regulation came into force, releasing airlines from transporting emotional support dogs and setting new guidelines for transportation service dog.
A service dog is a dog that is individually trained to perform functions or tasks for the benefit of a qualified individual with a disability, including physical, sensory, psychiatric, intellectual or mental disabilities.
- Vaccination Card, including the rabies vaccine with the name of the producing laboratory, the type of vaccine and the number of the vial. It must have been applied for more than 30 days and less than 1 year. These deadlines must be respected for each dose of the rabies vaccine;
- International Veterinary Certificate (CVI) valid for 60 days from the date of issue. The Animal Passport created by Vigiagro is not accepted in the USA;
- To travel with a service animal, you must complete the Service Dog Transport Form attesting to the animal's health, training and behavior at least 48 hours before your flight.
If the reservation has occurred within 48 hours before the flight, the passenger can complete the form and present it at the airport.
Flights longer than 8 hours:
- If your itinerary includes a flight lasting more than eight hours, you will need to complete the Service Animal Relief Attestation Form, stating that your pet will not need to meet the physiological needs or will be able to meet them in a way that does not create problems sanitary or health.
Attention: These forms are official DOT documents, constituting a federal crime to make materially false, fictitious or fraudulent statements, knowingly and fraudulently knowingly and intentionally in this form to guarantee accommodation for the disabled provided in accordance with the regulations of the Department of Transportation of the United States. (American legislation 18 U.S.C. § 1001)
If the passenger who wants to transport his service dog also has a specific health condition and / or needs special assistance during the flight, in addition to the documents mentioned for the transport of the emotional support dog, he must present the medical information form ( MEDIF - Medical Information Form) completed by this passenger's doctor, as provided for in article 9 of ANAC Resolution No. 280 of 2013, available at the link: https://www.voeazul.com.br/en/for-your-trip/international-flights/medical-authorization-medif
Some examples of this possible health condition are specified below:
- Suffer from illness or disability that causes effects on your health and well-being or even on other passengers and crew;
- He recently had surgery;
- You have a health condition that is considered unstable;
- Pose a risk to your own safety, or to other passengers and / or crew;
- Need medical attention or assistance and / or special equipment during the flight.
- The documentation must be presented up to 72 hours before the flight for analysis by AZUL. The original documentation must also be presented at check-in.
- The dog must wear a muzzle, collar or be tied at all times,
- The dog must be clean and well behaved,
- The dog must be accommodated on the passenger's feet, or on his lap (to travel on his lap, the animals must be smaller than a 2-year-old child),
The final approval to travel will only happen on arrival at the airport, with the confirmation that the animal can be safely accommodated,
If the dog is in a transport box, the box should fit under the front seat with the animal inside.
The animal may not:
- Sit in the emergency exit row
- Access or block corridors
- Take a seat
- Eating at the tables
Restriction of movement in the cabin:
For small dogs, Azul suggests that the transport be carried out in a container. Two types of packaging are accepted: the rigid container or the flexible bag. The dimensions should be a maximum of 43 cm long X 31.5 cm wide X 20 cm high.
For medium and large dogs, the dog must be accommodated on the floor and on the passenger's foot, and it is necessary to use a leash with a guide.
AZUL may refuse to transport the dog if:
- The animal poses a threat to health or safety;
- Behavior of the animal allows to conclude that it does not have the proper training. Ex: running freely, barking, snarling, biting or jumping on people, urinating or defecating in the cabin or gate area;
- Lack of filling in forms by passengers;
- If the transportation of the animal violates health or safety requirements applicable to any US or foreign government agency.