Some ground rules are:
The total weight (animal + container) must be a maximum of 5 kg, the animal must be clean, healthy and without unpleasant odor.
In order to transport animals with Azul, two types of packaging are accepted: the rigid container or the flexible bag.The dimensions must be no greater than 43 cm long X 31.5 cm wide X 20 cm high.
Choosing the right packaging for your little buddy:
- The rigid container must be of hard fiber or rigid plastic; The flexible bag must have internal metal rods to reinforce the frame and be made of waterproof material.
- Packaging of other materials - such as wooden or thatched containers, or flexible bags other than waterproof material - will not be accepted for shipment of animals.
- To ensure the comfort of the animal, the package must have internal dimensions that match the size of the animal, allowing the animal to stand and move around in a circle (360°).
- It should also have openings that guarantee the entry and circulation of air.
- They must have a device that prevents accidental opening, internally or externally.
- During the flight, the pet needs the same attention and care you give on land.Therefore, the inner floor must be covered with a material that contains and absorbs urine and feces, avoiding leakage during transportation.
- The packaging for the transport of live animals must be durable, safe, waterproof and comfortable for the animal.
- The packaging must be provided by the customer.
- Azul must receive the packages totally clean, disinfected and sterilized, avoiding the contagion of diseases to the own animal and to third parties.
If any of the above conditions are not met, Azul may deny the shipment of the animal.
If any of the above conditions are not met, Azul may deny the boarding of the animal.
- Vaccination card signed by the veterinarian, including the rabies vaccine with the name of the producing laboratory, the type of vaccine and the number of the ampoule.The vaccine is mandatory for animals from 03 (three) months of age and must have been applied for more than 30 days and less than 01 year in relation to the date of the flight.These limits must be adhered to at every dose of the rabies vaccine.
NOTE: Sedation is not mandatory, check with your veterinarian for the actual need for the procedure.
- International Veterinary Certificate (CVI) valid for 60 days from the date of issue.VIGIAGRO also created the Animal Passport, which is also an official document for the animal's travel and can be used instead of the CVI, see note below.
NOTE: The MAPA website (Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Supply) there are countries that already accept the Animal Passport and it replaces the Animal Health Certificate and the CVI, speeding up the release of the animal in the destination.
IMPORTANT: It is up to the client to look for an embassy or consulate of the country where he intends to take his pet, and confirm the documentation required in this locality. Azul will not be responsible for problems regarding the acceptance of the animal in the country of destination nor for the correct completion of the certificates.
IMPORTANT: If you have a Azul + Partner Airline flight (United, TAP, Copa, etc), call the Customer Service Center, customers in Brazil +55 11 4003 3255, customers in the USA and Canada + 1 888 587 2985, Argentina +54 11 5984 5178, customers in Uruguay, French Guiana and Europe +55 11 4003 3255.
Azul Flights to/from the United States and Europe
We do not accept it.
Azul flights to/from South America and Cayenne
- ARGENTINA: PET will only be allowed if the documents below are strictly valid.Animals from Asia (except Japan) or from Africa need prior authorization from the Argentine Government - if the local authority identifies any disease in the animal, it may prevent its entry and we will have to bring the animal back.We ask you to be aware of the legislation, so you can contact SENASA of Argentina (www.senasa.gob.ar) or a Consulate to make sure the necessary conditions.If there is some kind of irregularity concerning the local requirements, they may not accept your pet in the country.
- URUGUAY: The entry of the animal will only be allowed with all valid international documentation, and the Health Certificate must include the internal and external deworming, with the product used and its expiration date, as well as the serological test of Leishmaniasis within a maximum period of 60 days prior to shipment. In order for all requirements to be met, we ask you to report to the Ministry of Livestock, Agriculture and Fisheries (MGAP) of Uruguay (www.mgap.gub.uy) or the Uruguayan Consulate.
- BOLIVIA: Only animals that have all valid international documentation will be accepted. In order for all requirements to be met, we ask you to report to the Consulate of Bolivia.
- CAYENNE (FRENCH GUIANA): The animal must be identified by chip or tattoo if the identification was made before 11/03/2011.You must also have a European Animal Health Passport or the Animal Passport issued by VIGIAGRO. The animal must be over 7 months, have the Certificate of rabies vaccination and an antibody titration test equal to or greater than 0.5 IU/ml made by a laboratory authorized by the Council of Veterinary Medicine, carried out after 30 days of vaccination and until 03 months before the trip.
Values charged per section and per animal. The amount charged will be calculated according to the foreign currency exchange rate on the day the transaction is performed.
Animal restraint table
|Breeds of dogs not allowed
- Akita In
- American Bully
- Boston Terrier
- Buldogue (todas as raças)
- Bull Terrier
- Bulldog Americano
- Cane Corso ou Mastim Italiano
- Dogo Argentino
- Dogue Canário
- Dogue de Bordéus
- Fila Brasileiro
- Griffon de Bruxelas
- Lhasa Apso
- Mastim Inglês
- Mastim Napolitano
- Pitbull Terrier Americano
- Pug ou Carlino (todas as raças)
- Spaniel japonês (Chin Japonês)
- Spaniel tibetano
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier Inglês (Staffi)
- Staffordshire Terrier Americano (Amstaff)
- Tosa japonês
- Toy Spaniel Inglês
|Breeds of cats not allowed
- Burmese Americano
- Raças Persas todos os tipos
- Shorthair Exótico